Trumpets 2017 and the High Holy Days leading to Yom Kippur!
Rosh Hoshanah means “first of the year” and begins at sundown the day before the start of Tishri 1. The feast is the beginning of the year. It has a special festive meal, similar to Friday evening Shabbat meal.
The feast begins with lighting of candles: symbolizes transition from profane to sacred time.
· It is also known as Jewish New Year
· It is called the Day of trumpets, we blow the shofar
· It is called a Day of repentance
· It is the Day in which the Lord will come
· Traditionally they Wear White
· No work is done, it is a shabbat day