Living Life: Truth and Faith -Meeting of the twain
One day our Faith, Life, Truth, and the real world will stand toe to toe on eternity!
Living Life is full of Truth and it requires faith to do so as a Christian. You may ask at this point, are there not lies and wickedness as well? Yes, but all humans live with what they believe are truth and they have some form of faith in something. Many people have faith in something or about something.
We as believers are to live in both worlds which run counter to each other, that is; a life of faith in the only begotten Son of God and live that faith in a world that rejects this truth, see 2 Thess 2 ‘love of the truth’.
For example; I life in both worlds, through the week I cover topics in our news articles that reveal the situation in the world. These are real world situations and many times they are headlined around the world. In 2014 I began covering the Middle East in earnest because of the difficulties that were going on. A new force erupted on the scene in Syria. This force was ISIS. The truth of the situation was, if you were not one of the group and believed as ISIS did, then you were marked. This meant death through various means, including hanging, being shot, cut in half, beheaded, or raped until you died. Not good choice here if you disagreed with ISIL. So the ongoing devastation that was Syria became greater than just one could handle. Assad was out matched. The US had not stepped into the mix yet, and the world still had not one iota of what would happen.
It was gut wrenching, heart twisting, and unbearable at times to get the information and the pictures from those on the ground. Modern society and technology had provided many of them with smartphones to text and send pic’s into twitter and other social media. So we were able to hear from those on the ground as it occurred. Yazidis were butchered, 7000 men and boys killed; 5,000 women and girls sold into sex slavery; many raped beforehand. Christians killed, Muslims who disagreed killed, and through it all many beheaded for the video camera to post online for the world to see. Then it worsened, and the flood of refugee’s began to go into Turkey, Greece, and the rest of Europe. Among these refugees were fighters of ISIS. Today many nations are embroiled in radical Islam on their home turf. These fighters fight, kill, murder, and rape in jihad for their truth and that truth is false.
Living Life: Truth and Faith -the Fine line
Today we see the world’s truth and it differs from our truth in many ways. However, make no mistake; the world is in the last days! We as Christians are waiting for the Lord Jesus Christ, Yeshua ha Massiach to return. This is both our truth and our faith here. We believe! Thus, we believe and act as if it is the truth; for it is the truth. The world see’s foolishness. The fine line of Faith and Truth of a Christian places the believer betwixt you and the world’s view.
In the world of ISIS and those who it comes across, that fine line is one of life or death. If you accept ISIS proposal and believe as they do, you will live physically, but when you die; you will never live again in Christ Jesus. If you as a Christian refuse ISIS, for that commitment you will meet your death at their hands! It is this commitment by faith, when facing death; which means you will have life. For whosoever loses his life for my sake and gospel’s will find it, our Lord said. Further in Revelation 12:11 he said; “They Overcame by the blood of the Lamb, the Word of their testimony, and loved not their lives unto the death.” So for the believer in death we find life and have overcome. For by our faith do we “overcome the world”, ****John tells us. But for the world, to die is not to live. To live for many means to extend your stay on this earth any way you can. The world hates death. To the believer, we have overcome death and the grave by faith in Jesus Christ. For us the Truth is in “whom we believe”. It is that commitment which the world hates. And the world does hate us Christians for that reason. We must adhere to, walk the path, keep the Word, and be full of faith and patience. We cannot bow the knee to anyone or anything but our God!
Living Life: Truth and Faith -Instructions ‘askil’
I am reminded of a Psalm of David, it is Psalm 32. In the beginning of the Psalm it is written in verse one “A Psalm of David, *Maschil. The word Maschil is ‘thought’ to be intended for an instruction, a warning, or admonition. The reason for this is that the root of Maschil or maskil is ‘askil’, meaning to instruct. This Psalm forms one of the scriptures that are read on the Day of Atonement. The important item here is a reminder that you can be forgiven, your sin covered, and be blessed. This is the Psalms lesson. This is again in the ‘Old Testament’, a place where many Christians never believed forgiveness was available as they received. But indeed, David knew of forgiveness and he writes about it. Yeshua is the fulfillment of this and brings the total imputation of righteousness and forgiveness to the law. The saints in the ‘Old Testament’ looked forward to the Messiach, the ‘New Testament’ looks back at the ‘Cross of Calvary’ where our Messiah died for sins, rose again from the dead, was seen alive by many infallible proofs, left instructions for the Apostles, and ascended to the right hand of the Father and is coming again. This is our Truth, and our Faith; and when our Lord comes back again it will be FACT!
In this Psalm, the instruction is given and reminded the Jews that blessed is the “man whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered”. Again in verse two it says “Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile”.
Today as we live amidst the chaos of the end of days, let us ‘**occupy’ as our Lord commanded us to do. But let us also remember that we have hope, we have truth, and we have faith. All of which will coincide in ‘***FACT‘ when our Lord Returns.
Living Life: Truth and Faith -everyone that is godly
- For this shall everyone that is godly pray unto thee [Lord] when thou mayest be found, when you sincerely have sought the Lord, obtained forgiveness, having your sins covered, and thus the LORD imputes not iniquity, but righteousness to you.
(6) For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
(4) For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Living Life: Truth and Faith -Hiding place
- There is a place that we can find, as David describes; ‘thou art my hiding place, thou shalt preserve me from trouble’. Hebrews then reminds us that we are to “come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
(7) Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
(16) Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Living Life: Truth and Faith -Trusting in the Lord
- Further the Lord will guide us, instruct us, and teach us in the way we should go. We are warned, however; ‘be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding’. They must be held and guided with bit and bridle. In some cases, they are stubborn, and are hard to train. Then in the following verses we find ‘many sorrows shall be to the wicked.’ These are those who will not listen, who refuse to believe. Here you have a choice, either find sorrow or find that in ‘trusting the LORD, mercy will compass you.’
(8) I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
(9) Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.
(10) Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
(35) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
(36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
(37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
(38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
(39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Living Life: Truth and Faith -Thy Word is Truth
- Finally David says ‘be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.’ Our Lord prayed to the Father and said “I have given them thy word”. That word is truth, which Jesus said “Sanctify them through thy word”! Set them aside, Father; for they are yours. Save them, keep them, in fact the Lord prayed, “Keep them from the evil”. Meaning keep them from the devil, the beast, the evil and vile one, for he cannot have them. He further said, “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world”. So we are here, in the world, and the world hates us. But we have truth and we have faith meeting together in Christ Jesus. While we are his, he will keep us!
(11) Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye
that are upright in heart.
(14) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
(16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Living Life: Truth and Faith -Conclusion
In conclusion, David is one that would know of the deliverance and keeping power of the Lord. He escaped Saul time and again. His enemies were not able to cut his life short. He was the ‘warrior king, a man after Gods own heart’. Yet he was one that was fallible and repented, finding God’s forgiveness.
One day our Faith, Life, Truth, and the real world will stand toe to toe on eternity and face the Lord our God and Father and our Lord Jesus Christ.
This is when all things will become FACT! He has Come Again will be the shout!
And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Living Life: Truth and Faith
By Dana Glenn Smith
“Life Expression in its simplest form is simply life in words”
WIBR/WARN Radio Christian Ministry
*Maschil and related wording from the Pulpit commentary
**Occupy, Luk_19:13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
***Fact, he is coming again! Rev_22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
****Overcome the world, 1Jn_5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.