In this world there are many swords. But two major ones stand out and have stood out in history. One of Islam and the other of Christianity. But in Christianity, there is the sword and the true Sword of the Lord. In this article we discuss the Sword of Islam, but then go into more detail of the Christian Sword, hope, and truths for these end of days. We end up with the 7 final truths for these last days. I could of put more, but these are related to this article.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam
We did a story some time ago on the Syrian White Helmets who worked, no guns, no fighting; except to help those hurt in the blasts and mayhem of the civil war in Syria. Many of these young men have died while working to save lives. Not every Muslim works hard to kill and butcher. There are many Muslims around the world, a portion of them do not like what is happening in the world. How could they? Yet, for many their dream of a worldwide Caliph or the Mahdi coming to turn the world into their Islamic paradise is very real.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: One Truth
For Christians, however; there is only one truth. As Christ said “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no man comes to the Father, but by me”, John 14: 6. It is our hope as Christians, and the fact that he is Lord of Lords and King of Kings which make life bearable. Yet to come to some agreement between Christianity and Islam is not a real viable goal. That is, our disagreements are fundamental to the Holy Books we read. The Muslim reads the Koran and seeks his or her own god.
The Christian reads the Bible and seeks the one True God and Father and his son Jesus Christ; Yeshua Ha Massiach. Even for the Jew, as Paul said in Romans 11; “they are enemies of the Gospel for your sakes”! Although some seek to bring Chrislam, a combining of Christianity and Islam to some agreement; we are fundamentally and truthfully two different faiths. The God of Islam is not the God and our Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! These two will never agree on this most important truth. You cannot separate the Father from the Son, to do so is ‘Anti-christ’! The Apostle John says it best in the scripture below!
(22) Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
(23) Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
(24) Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
(25) And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
(26) These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: Islam
For the Muslim jihadist, warrior, and fighter; to carry a sword and to use it is to spread Islam by conquest. This is the process for the spread of their faith. It is what Muhammad did. It is by war, by sword, by violence, and through death. Now while we see societies in Europe and even in America where Islam is spread through the mere fact of Muslim families, lineage, and births; Islam takes over by sheer numbers of Muslims. This is what has happened in many areas of America where our government allowed huge swathes of Muslim immigrants to enter our nation. Then there is Europe where they have been overrun by Muslim refugees. Add these refugees to the huge numbers of Muslims already living there and soon Europe will have no Christianity at all left. When confronted with such numbers, you will see people who turn to Islam as an alternative to Christian or some other faith. I do not doubt the sincerity and veracity of many a Muslim family’s faith. It is a path that they see as right and true. However there is this truth, “there is a way that seemeth right to man”, this will lead to death!
(25) There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: Christianity’s Sword
Christianity, on the other hand also has a sword. It is the Word of God. While during the crusades, we saw Christians with swords and battlements fighting Muslim warriors for control of Jerusalem and the middle east; this is not the biblical way we spread our faith. But as Christians, just like the Jews; we can defend ourselves and our families. We strive to live peaceable with all men. In as much as is possible we will be at peace, and get along, and possibly even be friends. But we have a sword to protect our family and nation. Again, as with the Jews and Israel, if they had not defended themselves there would be no jews left on this planet. But our Lord told us that he did not come to “send peace on earth“! He gives us peace, but his charge to us is to ‘take up our cross and follow him’! It is a cross that preaches Jesus Christ and him crucified. One that will bring variance, opposition, and even hate on us from those who oppose our message. Christ did not come so Christians would lamely find some kind of a soothing treaty with Islam or any other faith. While as humans on this planet we can work with others to alleviate suffering, our mission is to bring the Gospel to the world.
(33) But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
(35) For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
(36) And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
(37) He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
(38) And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
(39) He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: The Christian Sword
In truth, again; the real Sword of the Christian, is the Word of God. But as Christians, we are not here on our Lord’s behalf to bring peace, but a sword. Not a sword to kill with, except a sword to destroy the deeds of the devil, to overcome the dark one, and to bring freedom to those who believe. We are urged to take the ‘helmet of salvation’ and the ‘sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God’ and testify to the world. To preach the word, teach the word, and warn others with the word. It is this word which is ‘quick, powerful, and sharper’ than any human instrument of war. The sword of men will kill, but not redeem a man to save his soul. The sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, can and will get into that person; down into his or her inner most soul and speak to him. The sword of the Christian is the Word of God and with this sword you kill the works of the devil, the deeds of the flesh, and the desires of the mind. With this sword you see men redeemed to the saving of their soul.
(17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
(12) For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: The Red Horse
Today, we live in the time of the end and the ‘power of the rider on the red horse’ has been seeded into the earth. In other words, this portion of prophetic scripture is happening today. Below are the scriptures for the ‘second and third seal’ which are released into the earth. In this judgment, there is no peace on earth and very little ‘goodwill towards all men’! It is a time of killing, bloodshed, and death. A time that Hell follows Death in this seal judgment. One that one quarter of the earth will be affected. The companions of Death and Hell will ‘kill with the sword, hunger, and with death, and with beasts of the earth.’ Wars, civil wars, terror, will strike in the earth. Following any war are those who die from this due to illness, famine, and pestilence. Death can be due to an animal borne illness like Bird flu or some other thing. It can also mean that the animal world will turn on mankind and evil beasts will attack humans. These are the fodder of typical endtime disaster movies. But the truth is plain. A time when there is no peace, but war, and death!
(4)And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
(8)And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: The Marching Orders for Christendom
This will be a time for patience, endurance, and faith for all Christians. You cannot give up, you cannot quit. It will take all the faith and patience you can muster. But the end will come.
- They overcame the devil: “by blood of the Lamb-redeemed”, “by the word of their testimony”, and “they loved not their lives unto the death-martyrs”
(10) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
(11) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
- The devil will make war with the saints, here those saints “keep the commandments of God-as we are told by Jesus in John 15”, and “have the testimony of Jesus Christ-those who confess him before men”
(17) And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- As believers, we are to have “Patience and faith” in our Lord to keep us and to guide us! We look to the Word of God, keep it, believe it; and walk in the Faith of Jesus Christ our Lord!
(10) He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
(12) Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
(13) And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: My reward is with me!
Today the message of the Lord rings loud and clear. We cannot change the world, nor stop what is happening. As well, we cannot stop men or women from being just plain wicked, evil, filthy, and unjust. But as believers in Jesus Christ, Yeshua ha Massiach; we can be ‘righteous’ and still be ‘holy’. The Word of this in Revelation 22 below shows that the Lord says of ‘those men and women to continue to do what they are doing’. He won’t stop them, not yet! We are also not commanded as such to stop them. If they want to do these evil, unjust, and wicked things; well, they will be allowed to do as their heart dictates. Now men and governments can rise up to stop them. But to change society and the hearts of men, that won’t happen on a world scale. The dark one will come to deceive and will cause all who are not in the Lamb’s book of life to receive the mark. But the Lord says ‘He that is; unjust, filthy, righteous, or holy’ let them be just that. For I will come and give a reward to all men for doing what they do.
(11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
(13) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
(17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam: 7 final truths
We are urged to be faithful, to believe in him, and to understand that he will judge all men. Society will be filled with people that are unjust and filthy. But there will also be those people who choose to be righteous and walk in holiness. Our reward is not this world, but the Lord. It is here that many may feel cheated because this happened on their watch, so to speak. They can’t live as they want or possibly how they want. No, many think; I am ‘stuck in these end times’.
I get a sorrowful response from many, a sharp turn of the head, and those who simply have a hard time believing these things.
- There are two major swords in the world, one of Islam and one of Christianity.
- Christianity has a Sword of the Word of God, called “Sword of the Spirit”!
- The sword in the world is wars, murder, violence, and many other such things.
- The sword of the world, of men, and of religions in general will not redeem the soul of a man.
- The sword of Islam is meant to spread their faith by conquest and war
- There is one sword which redeems, that is the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God; which reveals redemption through Jesus Christ; Yeshua Ha Massiach
- In the end, Jesus Christ will rule the world and the kingdoms; but until then we will see an imposter rise up [Rev 13, 2 Thess 2, Matt 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, and Daniel 7-14]
Peace be unto, keep your hope alive, walk in faith, and Trust the Lord! He can and will keep you from the Evil!
The Two Swords, one of Christianity and the other of Islam
A Commentary in the Writers Pulse by Dana Glenn Smith
“Life Expression in it’s simplest form is simply life in words”
Dana Smith has written three books, and numerous E-books. He has written articles, and published well over 10,000 articles in over 18 years on the WIBR/WARN sites.